President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Saturday led in the distribution of various government assistance to more than 1,200 beneficiaries in the Municipality of Pola, Oriental Mindoro, as he concluded his inspection and visit to the Province on April 15, 2023.
The President turns over the following:
• 17 fishing boats with engine to the Province of Oriental Mindoro, of which seven (7) boats are for the Municipality of Pola
• One (1) unit of post-harvest technology package (fish-smoking technology) worth
PhP335,739.00 to Maasin Marine Protected Area Association in Bulalacao, Oriental Mindoro
• One (1) unit of 65 HP tractor with implements to Maralitang Magsasaka ng Mindoro in Bansud, Oriental Mindoro
• Three (3) units of pump and engine to Maralitang Magsasaka ng Mindoro and Mahabang Parang Farmers Association in Naujan, Oriental Mindoro
• Six (6) water pumps for the Municipalities of Pola, Naujan and Pinamalayan in Oriental Mindoro
• 2.5 kilos of assorted vegetable seeds, 10 bags of black rice, two (2) bags of brown rice, 300 bags of certified palay seeds and 300 corn seeds to the local government of Pola.
Other assistance from different national government agencies include the Department of Social Welfare and Development’s (DSWD) Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation (AICS) and Emergency Cash Transfer (ECT) programs; Department of Labor and Employment’s (DOLE) Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged Workers (TUPAD) Program; Department of Agriculture’s (DA) Rice Program, Organic Banner Program, High Value Commodity Development Program and loan assistance; Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources’ (BFAR) fishing boats, fishing equipment and fuel subsidy; and financial assistance from the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).
Catherine R Cueto