4 Ampatuan massacre suspects fall

on

Scene of the crime of the infamous Maguinadanao massacre where 58 lives perished including 32 media workers. (Photo Courtesy by NY Times)

MANILA — Three Ampatuan Massacre suspects were arrested while another surrendered to authorities in January, bringing to four  the number of suspects in the gruesome crime who fell into the hands of the law following the December 2019 conviction of the principal accused in the decade-old case.

In the latest update sent to the Presidential Task Force on Media Security (PTFoMS) Secretariat in Malacanang, Pat Suari Esmail Pagabangan, also known as Alfie Pagabangan, was arrested in the joint operation of Police Regional Office 12 led by P/Col. Barney  Condes,  of the Technical Support Company – Regional Mobile Force Batallion 12, Regional Intelligence Division 12, Regional Intelligence Unit 12, and Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) 12 last Monday, January 27, at Brgy. Barurao, Sultan Sa Barongis, Maguindanao.

Before that, PO1 Ysmael Baraquir, another suspect in hiding, surrendered to CIDG Regional Field Unit 15 BAR led by P/Col.  James E. Gulmatico  last Tuesday, January 21, 2020, at Brgy. Linandangan, Pagalungan, Maguindanao.

Earlier this month, Gambayan Kasim, also known as Lori Alip, was arrested on  January 9, 2020 in his home at Shariff Aguak in Maguindanao.

Kasim’s arrest was effected just three days after Faisal Dimaukom, the first suspect, was nabbed by a composite team led by Lt. Col.  Ibrahim Jambiran, Chief of Police of the Parang Municipal Police, RID PRO BAR led by P/Lt.  Col.  Renato Mauricio, TSC RMFCB14 PRO BAR P/Capt.  Paul  Symon Villareal and Datu Saudi Ampatuan (DSA) MPS P/Capt.  Abdulbasit Kulod  at Brgy. Kabinge, DSA, Maguindanao at about 5:05 a.m. last January 6.

The suspects have a standing warrant of arrest dated May 22, 2013, issued by Branch 221 Presiding Judge Jocelyn A. Solis-Reyes of the Quezon City Regional Trial Court under Criminal Case GL-Q-12-178638.

Judge Solis-Reyes handed down the guilty verdict last December 19, 2020 against Ampantuans, the prime suspects in the Maguinadanao Massacre that ended the 10-year-old case.

“This government is making great strides in delivering what it has promised – to arrest all those suspects who are still in hiding.  It’s a long struggle but the full weight of the Duterte Government is behind this effort and there is no reason for us not to succeed in this endeavor. As I’ve said time and time again, Failure Is Not An Option!” Said  PTFoMS Executive Director, Undersecretary Joel Sy Egco

Earlier, PTFoMS Co-Chair and Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Martin Andanar said that , “The 4th suspect to fall into the hands of the authorities in this month alone is a testament to the government’s resolve to capture all those involved at the soonest possible time. We will not rest until all of them are under custody. I can assure all those who are still in hiding that they too, will not find rest unless and until they have surrendered. That, they can count on.”

The intensified nationwide manhunt operations for the suspects in the Ampatuan Massacre was ordered by P/General Archie Francisco Gamboa, on December 9, 2019.

Ten days later, on December 19, the principal suspects in the “People vs. Datu Andal Ampatuan, Jr. alias ‘Unsay’, et. al” were found guilty.

The Task Force shall continue to monitor and inform the public on the developments of the on-going manhunt operations for the other suspects. (STACY ANG/IAMIGO/CPH)


Discover more from Current PH

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

Ismael Amigohttp://www.currentph.com
Ismael Amigo is a veteran journalist of more than 15 years experience on the field who rose up the ranks and covered all the beats from news to sports (amateur/pro). He now leads the CNS team in producing stories. You can reach him at Ismael.amigo@currentph.com.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

MUST READ

PNP submits Senate shooting probe to DOJ; investigators reject...

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has formally submitted to the Department of Justice (DOJ) the results of its investigation into the controversial gunfire incident...

Committee on Ways and Means (May 18, 2026) –...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsFDU7U15nsAgenda: SBN 61 – Amending the National Internal Revenue Code (NIRC) (Exempting Electricity Sales from Value-Added Tax) (By: Sen. Marcoleta) SBN 266 - Price of...

Dialogue with China Is Essential: Trump-Xi Summit Proved It

Repeated remarks from within the Philippine defense and military establishments declaring that China cannot be trusted in talks apparently reflect a very deep frustration...

Church Leaders Rally Behind CBCP Call to Push Through...

The political and moral pressure on the Senate continues to intensify after several Catholic bishops and church leaders publicly backed the call of the...

Backstory Behind Bato dela Rosa’s Escapo: Tycoon Involved?

MANILA —The dramatic disappearance of Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa following the chaotic standoff inside the Philippine Senate last week has fueled a wave...

Discover more from Current PH

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

Discover more from Current PH

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading