Search for the missing fishermen sought; fishers group blame Chinese control of West Ph Sea

0
315

MANILA — A group of fisherfolk on Friday urged the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) and Philippine Marines to expedite the search and rescue operations for the seven Filipino fishermen who went missing in during a fishing expedition in West Philppine Sea last week.

The victims’ fishing vessel FB Narem made its last contact on the islands of Dasol and Camaso, Pangasinan last January 13 in the afternoon, according to the owner of the vessel.

 Aboard the boat were its captain Alberto Roldan and crew members Roderick Montemayor, Homar Maglantay, Ejay Dela Cruz, Jerome Maglantay, Larry Legaspi and Jefferson Bernabe.

In a statement, Pambansang Lakas ng Kilusang Mamamalakaya ng Pilipinas (PAMALAKAYA) National Chairperson Fernando Hicap said the PCG and Marines must “exert all possible efforts” to find the missing fishermen.

“Authorities must expedite their search and rescue operations to get the missing fishermen back at their respective families,” said Hicap.

The group also demanded the government to provide aid to the families of the missing fishermen as they are left with no household incomes due to the incident.

“We appeal to the government to provide relief for the victims’ families, as the fate of their loved ones are still uncertain,” Hicap, former Anakpawis Party-list solon added. (SA/IA)

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.