MANILA, Philippines – Organizers of the 30th Southeast Asian Games on Tuesday cancelled at least 14 different events in four clusters due to inclement weather brought about by typhoon “Tisoy.”
“We respectfully report on some of changes in the schedules of sports competitions of the 30th SEA Games due to the landfall of typhoon “Tisoy” in the country,” organizers said in a prepared statement given out to the working media.
Here is the list of cancelled sports events for the day Tuesday (03 December 2019):
- Subic Cluster – Beach Volleyball (Games revised schedule for Dec. 2&3), Canoe/Kayak/TBR (Races scheduled for Dec. 6-8), Muay (Competition starts on Dec. 4-8), Pencak Silat (Revised schedule for Dec. 2-3), Sailing/Windsurfing (will resume on Dec. 5), Triathlon/Duathlon (moved earlier to Dec. 2, 3:30), Modern Pentathlon (moved to Dec. 5),
Surfing (will resume on Dec. 4), Sepak Takraw (cancelled for Dec. 3)
- Southern Luzon Cluster – Underwater Hockey (competition will be finished before 3PM today), Skateboard (Postponed), Polo (cancelled for today)
- Metro Manila Cluster – ESports (Cancelled training schedule today)
- Clark Cluster – Petanque
At the same time, the 30th SEAG Secretariat also announced the holding of some events as scheduled for the day.
And these are (as of 10AM Today, Tuesday, 03 December 2019)
- Southern Luzon Cluster – Cycling, Indoor Hockey, Netball
- Metro Manila Cluster – Floorball, Badminton, Fencing, Football, Gymnastics, Tennis, Weightlifting, Wushu, Volleyball
- Clark Cluster – Rugby 7s, Archery, Arnis, Athletics , Wrestling, Kurash. Baseball, Softball, Lawnbowls, Dancesport, and Waterpolo
Meanwhile, three water-based games Clark Cluster namely: Wakeboarding, Golf, and Aquatic were for “further announcement” the Secretariat said. (LO/IAMIGO/CNS)