The camp of presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bong Bong” Marcos Jr. is supporting the investigation on the emergency alerts containing campaign messages promoting his camp when he filed his candidacy on Wednesday, saying these were “political sabotage”.
In a statement on Wednesday, Marcos chief-of-staff, lawyer Victor Rodriguez, said such “underhanded moves” should not be tolerated as the emergency alert system is a tool used to warn the public of disasters.
“We hope that the responsible parties do not interfere with government systems just to operate political sabotage against presidential aspirant Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Marcos,” Rodriguez said.
In a separate statement, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said the emergency alert promoting Marcos did not come from them nor from their partners in the telecommunications sector.
“Emergency notifications issued today by the NDRRMC are only about rainfall warnings due to the current weather disturbance and nothing else,” the NDRRMC said.
Earlier, NTC Commissioner Gamaliel Cordoba ordered an “immediate” investigation into the emergency alerts, with telecommunications companies so far confirming that they did not release any such messages.