An official of the ruling Partido Demokratiko Pilipino–Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban) has bared the party’s initial list of senatorial candidates for 2022.
In a television interview, PDP-Laban Vice President for the Visayas and Eastern Samar Governor Ben Evardone said the initial list was discussed by party chairman President Rodrigo Duterte with a number of party leaders, including him.
He identified those who made up the initial list as:
– Metropolitan Manila Development Authority Chairman Benhur Abalos
– Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Martin Andanar
– Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission Chairman Greco Belgica
– Department of Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III
– Department of Information and Communications Technology Secretary Gregorio Honasan II
– Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles
– Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo
– Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque
– Department of Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade
– Department of Public Works and Highways Secretary Mark Villar
The initial list only has 10 names, and dominant political parties usually field at 12 senatorial candidates during a national polls. The generation of the list came after the ruling party elected a new set of officers over the weekend in Clark, Pampanga. Among the major changes made was the election of erstwhile PDP-Laban vice chairman and Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi as president, replacing Senator Manny Pacquiao.