Malacañang released the guidelines for areas under enhanced community quarantine starting May 1.
Malacanang said the guidelines will be implemented in Metro Manila, Central Luzon (except Aurora), CALABARZON, Pangasinan, Benguet, Bacolod City, Iloilo province, Iloilo City, Cebu City, Cebu province and Davao City until May 15.
- persons below 21 years old and below and 60 years old and above, as well as those with immunodeficiency, health risk factors and pregnant women must stay at home except for obtaining essential goods and services or for work in permitted industries and offices
- manufacturing and processing of basic food products, medicine, medical supplies and other essential items are allowed
- establishments involved in the production, manufacturing, packaging, processing and distribution of food may operate at a maximum of 50% capacity unless the supply level of a basic food product warrants a higher capacity
- manufacturers of medicines, medical supplies, devices and equipment, including but not limited to suppliers of input, packaging, and distribution, will be allowed to operate at full capacity
The government also allowed the following sectors and activities:
- delivery services, whether in-house or outsourced, transporting food, medicine or other essential goods. Delivery of clothing, accessories, hardware, housewares, school and office supplies, as well as pet food and other veterinary products
- capital markets
- energy companies, their third-party contractors and service providers, telecommunications companies, internet service providers, cable TV providers
- power, energy, water, information technology and telecommunication supplies and facilities, including waste disposal services, as well as property management and building utility services
- airline and aircraft maintenance employees, including pilots and crew, and ship captains and crew but subject to social distancing guidelines
- media establishments, at a maximum operational capacity of 50% of their total permanent staff complement
- construction workers accredited by the Department of Public Works and Highways to work on facilities identified for purposes of quarantine and isolation, including such facilities for the health sector, emergency works, flood control and other disaster risk reduction and rehabilitation works
- manufacturing companies and suppliers of equipment or products necessary to perform construction works
- workers accredited by the Department of Transportation to work on utility relocation works and specified limited works across 13 railway projects, including replacement works for the MRT3. On-site or near site accommodations and/or point-to-point shuttle services should be arranged
- employees of the Philippine Postal Corporation at a capacity necessary to maintain the prompt delivery of services to its clients
- the Philippine Statistics Authority at a capacity necessary to conduct data gathering and survey activities related to COVID-19 and the registration and implementation of the national identification system
- Funeral and embalming services, provided that funeral service operators are directed to provide shuttling services and/or housing accommodations for their personnel and staff
- humanitarian assistance personnel from civil society organizations and United Nations Humanitarian Country teams as well as individuals performing relief operations to augment the government’s response against COVID-19 and other disasters or calamities that may occur; provided that they are authorized by the appropriate government agency or local government unit
- Pastors, priests, imams or such other religious ministers whose movement shall be related to the conduct of necrological or funeral rites. Immediate family members of the deceased from causes other than COVID-19 will be allowed to move from their residences to attend the wake or interment of the deceased upon satisfactory proof of their relationship with the latter and social distancing measures;
- Veterinary clinics
- Security personnel
Transit by the following permitted persons to and from the above establishments anywhere within the area covered by ECQ will be allowed:
- Repatriated OFWs in compliance with approved quarantine protocols;
- Non-OFWs who may be required to undergo mandatory facility-based quarantine
- health care workers and other employees from exempted establishments
- provided that in all of the foregoing, hotel operations will be limited to the provision of basic lodging to guests
The Philippine National Police retains its authority to conduct inspection procedures in checkpoints only for ensuring that protocols on strict home quarantine are observed.
Government offices and private corporations are encouraged to process payrolls online.
For those who cannot, payroll managers, and such other employees that may be required to process payrolls and print payrolls will be allowed to travel and operate covering the periods of ECQ./Stacy Ang