Sec. Duque reveals where latest COVID-19 patients are confined

631

E57704CA-242F-4818-B45B-9F50006809B0
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III has revealed on Monday the hospitals where the latest four cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) patients were brought to for medical treatment.

In an interview with CNN Philippines, Duque said that the patients were admitted in the following hospitals:

Patient 7: 38-year-old Taiwanese – Makati Medical Center in Makati City

Patient 8: 32-year-old Filipino – St. Luke’s Medical Center – Global in Taguig City

Patient 9: 86-year-old American – The Medical City in Pasig City

Patient 10: 57-year-old Filipino – St. Luke’s Medical Center in Quezon City

The DOH on Sunday confirmed there were four new cases of COVID-19 in the country, bringing the total to 10.  

On the other hand, Duque assured that said all the hospitals treating the latest cases are adequately equipped to handle COVID-19.

“Lahat ng mga ospital may kakayahan na pangasiwaan itong mga kasong ito dahil lahat ng mga ‘yan, accredited, lahat ‘yan mataas ang standard of care. Karamihan diyan ay mga accredited ng mga iba’t ibang credible audit bodies na talagang mahusay ang mga ospital na ito,” Duque said.

Department of Health (DOH)  Assistant Secretary Maria Rosario Vergeire in a separate interview on Monday said the fourth to sixth cases of COVID-19 are confined in referral hospitals of the government.  

These are: (Patient 4) a Filipino male with travel history to Japan and an employee of financial firm Deloitte Philippines; (Patient 5) a Filipino male who frequented a prayer hall in Greenhills, San Juan City;  and (Patient 6) his wife.

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte on Monday also said  that there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the city.  

“I cannot give you details at the moment except to say that this positive individual is from the 1st District,” Belmonte  said.

Vergeire confirmed that the QC patient is among the 10 cases confirmed by the DOH.

Marikina Mayor Marcelino Teodoro said on Monday that there is a confirmed COVID-19 case in the city, that of an 86-year-old male who has a travel history from South Korea.

The case that Teodoro was referring to was among the 10 cases earlier confirmed as well by the DOH.

The DOH  has already deployed additional teams to do contact tracing with regards to the four new COVID-19 cases in the country.

“Nakapag-deploy na kami ng additional teams kahapon para maisagawa natin nang agaran ang contact tracing dito sa apat na bagong kaso,” Vergeire said in an interview on Dobol B sa News TV aired on GMA News TV.  

She also said the four cases have had no link to the previously confirmed COVID-19 cases: three Chinese nationals (one of whom died); a Filipino male with travel history to Japan and an employee of financial firm Deloitte Philippines; a Filipino male who frequented a prayer hall in Greenhills, San Juan City; and his wife./Stacy Ang

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.