The National Bureau of Investigation had filed on Wednesday, multiple complaints against suspended Negros Oriental Representative Arnolfo “Arnie” Teves Jr.
“I think so. It’s ongoing right now. It’s ongoing. The NBI is here already. I was told by the [NBI] Director Medardo de Lemos that they were coming over to file the complaint,” Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla said.
Remulla said that the multiple murder, multiple frustrated murder, and multiple attempted murder are charged against the suspended congressman.
Remulla earlier said that Teves is looking a bit more like the mastermind in the March 4 shooting at the home of Negros Oriental Governor Roel Degamo.
It led to the death of 10 people and the injuries of several others.
Teves had repeatedly denied any involvement in the killing of Degamo.
According to Remulla they expect the panel of prosecutors to receive and review the documents.
“Alam ko siya (Arnie Teves) muna rito sa complaint na ‘to (the complaints are only for Arnie Teves) because the decision is still ongoing for other cases and the other suspects in other roles and other crimes,” he said.
Remulla lates Tuesday said that based on a “reliable source” who may have access to flight data into the country, Teves may be coming home from Timor Leste on Wednesday, after his bid for a political asylum was previously rejected.
But Teves said in an interview at the government radio station that he is not yet returning to the Philippine citing security problems. He also said Remulla’s claim was “fake news.”
Catherine R. Cueto