Manila City Mayor Francisco “Isko” Domagoso on Monday ordered all departments, offices and bureaus under the local government to adopt an alternative work arrangement during the implementation of a modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ).
This after President Rodrigo Duterte approved his Cabinet’s recommendation to reimpose MECQ in Metro Manila from August 4 to August 18, following the appeal of the medical community to revert to strict lockdown measures.
Domagoso said the local government has to “ensure the unhampered operation and functioning of the city in delivering basic services and needs to its constituents.”
But the Mayor stressed that city government offices have to take “proactive measures in protecting the health and well-being of its city officials and employees.”
Under Executive Order No. 34, Domagoso said skeletal workforce alternative work arrangement will be implemented in the following offices during MECQ:
- Office of the Mayor
- Office of the Secretary to the Mayor
- Manila Public Information Office
- Office of the City Administrator
- City Personnel Office
- Manila Barangay Bureau
- City General Services Office
- City Budget Office
- Office of the City Accountant
- City Treasurer’s Office
- Department of Public Services, Op. Div. & Dist. Offs.
- Dept. of Engineering & Public Works Operations
- Department of Assessment
- Bureau of Permits
- Manila Hawkers Office
- Public Recreations Bureau, Operations
- Parks Development Office, Operations
Likewise, the following departments, bureaus and offices will be in full operation in the same period, except for its office-based personnel:
- Manila Health Department , including North and South Cemeteries
- All City Hospitals except Ospital ng Maynila
- Manila Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office
- Manila Department of Social Welfare
- Manila Traffic and Parking Bureau
- Veterinary Inspection Board
- Market Administration Office
All offices not mentioned will implement a work from home alternative work arrangement.
In addition, Domagoso said senior citizens, PWDs, pregnant women and below 21 years old who are officials and employees of the city government will also be on a work from home alternative work arrangement.
“The Head of Office shall ensure that payroll officer and clerk in charge in the preparation and processing of payroll shall be required to report for a certain time to ensure that salaries of officials and employees are released on time,” Domagoso said./Stacy Ang