The Department of Health (DOH) on Sunday reported an additional 2,110 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total to 80,448 cases in the Philippines.
“As of 4PM today, July 26, 2020, the Department of Health reports the total number of COVID-19 cases at 80,448,” said DOH COVID-19 Case Bulletin #134.
“A total of 2,110 confirmed cases are reported based on the total tests done by 66 out of 90 current operational labs,” the DOH said.
Of the confirmed cases, 52,406 were deemed active, of which 89.83 percent were classified as mild, 9.25 percent were asymptomatic, 0.49 percent were severe and 0.42 percent were critical.
A total of 1,232,957 individuals have been tested as of July 25, 2020, the DOH said.
There are 70 licensed RT-PCR Laboratories and 23 licensed GeneXpert Laboratories in the country.
The National Capital Region had the most number of new cases at 1,345. It was followed by provinces of Cebu with 304, Laguna with 109, Negros Occidental with 66, and Rizal with 40.
The DOH also reported 39 fatalities, bringing the death toll to 1,932.
Of the 39 deaths, 35 (90%) in July, 2 (5%) in June, 2 (5%) in April. Deaths were from NCR (17 or 44%), Region 7 (14 or 36%),Region 4A (2 or 5%),Region 9 (2 or 5%), Region 11 (2 or 5%), Region 1 (1 or 3%) and CARAGA (1 or 3%).
DOH likewise announced 382 recoveries. This brings the total number of recoveries to 26,110.
A total of 74 duplicates were removed from the total case count. Of these, 22 recovered cases and three deaths have been removed.
“Moreover, we have updated the outcomes of three cases. One was previously reported as a death but updated as recovered and two cases were previously reported as recovered but updated as deaths after final validation; these are included in the count of new deaths and recoveries. These numbers undergo constant cleaning and validation,” said the DOH./Stacy Ang