The Department of Health (DOH) reported on Saturday an increase of 2,357 confirmed cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the country, bringing the total to 65,304 cases.
“As of 4PM today, July 18, 2020, the Department of Health reports the total number of COVID-19 cases at 65,304,” said DOH COVID-19 Case Bulletin #126.
The five areas with the highest number of new cases are the National Capital Region with 1,1824, Laguna with 105, Cavite with 62, Cebu with 49, and Rizal with 39.
A total of 2,357 confirmed cases are reported based on the total tests done by 76 out of 84 current operational labs, the DOH said.
DOH likewise announced 321 recoveries. This brings the total number of recoveries to 22,067.
The DOH also reported 113 additional fatalities, bringing the death toll to 1,773.
“Of the 113 deaths, 40 (35%) in July, 58 (51%) in June, and 15 (13%) in May. Deaths were from Region 7 (87 or 77%), NCR (23 or 20%), Region 4A (1 or 1%), Region 5 (1 or 1%), and Region 6 (1 or 1%),” said the DOH.
“Fifty-four duplicates were removed from total case count. Of these, two duplicates previously reported as recovered have been removed from the total count of recoveries after final verification,” the DOH said.
“The total cases reported may be subject to change as these numbers undergo constant cleaning and validation,” the DOH said./Stacy Ang