Makati policeman files complaint vs. Spanish involved in posh Dasma village incident

0
379

A policemen from the Makati City Police has filed a complaint against Spanish Javier Parra Salvador following a heated argument in posh Dasmariñas Village in Makati over the weekend.

Makati City Police chief Police Colonel Rogelio Simon said on Tuesday Police Master Sergeant Roland Madrona field a complaint for alleged violation of Article 151 of the Revised Penal Code (Resistance and Disobedience to a Person in Authority), Republic Act 11332 sec. 9e, Makati City Ordinance 2000-089 (not wearing of face mask) as well as unjust vexation and direct assault against Salvador before the Makati City Prosecutor’s Office.

“Hindi puwedeng binabastos ang mga pulis ng ganon-ganon lang. Sa ibang bansa, ‘pag sinagot mo lang ang pulis ay posas na ang kasunod. This is a warning to all abusadong foreigners,” Simon said.

Simon said police are already coordinating with the Bureau of Immigration as regards the matter for possible deportation of the foreigner.

Madrona was conducting Oplan Bandillo, together with Bantay Bayan personnel Esteban Gaan, in Dasmariñas Village on Sunday when he noticed Salvador’s maid, who was not wearing a face mask, watering the plants outside the house.

Madrona then advised the maid to wear a face mask prompting the latter to go inside the house.

Minutes later, Salvador and his wife went outside the residence and confronted the law enforcers.

The tension between Madrona and Salvador escalated after the latter cursed at the cop. Madrona tried to arrest him but Salvador went inside the house.

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has started its investigation on the matter.

According to National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief Police Major General Debold Sinas, the regional Internal Affairs Service has started its probe on the matter.

Sinas said the investigation would help in improving police operations.

“Ongoing po ‘yung investigation ng RIAS namin… just check ano ‘yung pagkukulang ng pulis para ma-i-correct po natin…” Sinas said at a separate press briefing.

Sinas said the investigation of the regional IAS would determine if Madrona will also be sanctioned.

“It’s the RIAS that will do the administrative sanction…” Sinas said.

Meanwhile, Bureau of Immigration spokesperson Dana Sandoval said that foreigners can be categorized as undesirable if they cause trouble or damage in a community.

“[If] ‘yung stay niya dito is nagiging risk na to public safety, to the public health, and to the people around him (or her) — lalong-lalo na ‘yung mga foreign nationals who disregard our laws atsaka hindi rumerespeto sa persons of authority — that can be considered as undesirable,” Sandoval said in a Radio DZMM interview.

Sandoval said categorizing Parra as such does not necessarily need a complaint from a neighbor since the BI has already conducted a probe on the incident.

“Within the week, we will be able to release updates du’n sa kaso,” she said.

Previously, BI chief Jaime Morente told foreigners to follow domestic quarantine measures in the hopes of containing the COVID-19 pandemic. If they do not, they will  be arrested or deported.

“The ECQ (enhanced community quarantine) guidelines were placed to promote public health and safety among members of the society. That means everyone, including foreign nationals,” Morente said in a statement, citing the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act./ Stacy Ang

 

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.