The United Arab Emirates’ Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) has revealed that two new cases of the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) infections in the country have emerged – a Filipino and a Chinese citizen.
The Emirates News Agency Report said that the MoHAP have revealed that the patients brought the total number of 2019-nCoV cases in the country to seven.
They were identified through the continuous periodic screening conducted in accordance with World Health Organization (WHO) standards for those with symptoms of the new coronavirus.
The Filipino and Chinese nationals were under observation and were being provided the necessary medical care “according to the highest health standards applicable in the country,” the MoHAP said, stressing the effectiveness of the online reporting system.
The MoHAP emphasized that they were coordinating with all departments and concerned authorities in their country, and were taking “all precautionary and preventive measures and ensure the safety and security of the UAE’s citizens and residents.”
A family from China’s central city of Wuhan but staying in the UAE had been diagnosed with the new coronavirus last January — the first known case in the Middle East.
The Department of Health (DOH) on Wednesday meanwhile confirmed the third case of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) infection in the country./Stacy Ang