Existing COVID-19 precautionary measures to remain-— Palace

241

Rodrigo Duterte

The existing COVID-19 precautionary measures in the Palace will remain even as the government relaxed lockdowns across the country, the head of President Rodrigo Duterte’s security detail said on Wednesday.

Presidential Security Group commander Col. Jesus Durante III said. A “no invitation, no entry” policy will also remain in effect for all Palace visitors and guests.

Mandatory rapid antibody tests and constant disinfection around the Palace grounds will continue.

Events that require Duterte’s attendance will be restricted to “small group private meetings” and events that require large crowds will be discouraged.

Aside from a mandatory rapid test, all persons entering the Malacañang complex will undergo a temperature check and are also asked to rub their hands with disinfectant.

Those with a body temperature of 38 degrees Celsius or higher are refused entry.

The PSG in April started the mandatory COVID-19 rapid testing for everyone that comes into close contact with the President to ensure the 75-year-old leader does not catch the virus.

The PSG “shall remain on high-alert status until the environment is safe for the President,” Durante said.

Duterte previously tested negative for COVID-19./Stacy Ang

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.